Honolulu City Lights Wreath Contest 2022 WINNERS
HONOLULU – The City is pleased to annouce the results of its 35th Annual Holiday Wreath Contest, as part of Honolulu City Lights 2022. The theme for this year was ‘Splashes of Joy’ and the entries were adjudicated by six members of the Kamehameha Schools Art Club: Nalani W., Mokihana P., Brennagen B., Gael C., Daisy F., and Zach Q.
Entries were judged on workmanship, creativity, use of materials, and best representation of the contest theme. For all three divisions, first place prize is $150; second place is $100; and third place is $75. The overall Best in Show wreath receives the Mayor’s Holly Award of $200. In addition, six Judges’ Choice Awards are awarded monetary prizes of $25 each. Each entrant, individual or group, was eligible to win only one award.
- Mayor’s Holly Award (Best in Show)
- Json N – ʻLife Waited’
- Adult Category – open to any individual or group with participants ages 18 and over.
- 1st Place: Debra Gagne – ‘The Joy of a Christmas Rain’
- 2nd Place: Marshall K. Fergerstrom- ‘Kalikookalani’
- 3rd Place: Mark Orimoto-‘Year of the Rabbit’
- Judges’ Choice: Fostering Tuesday Volunteers-‘Sakura’
- Judges’ Choice: Helen T. Walker-‘Auntie’s Mizuhiki’
- Youth Category – individuals or group with participants ages 17 and younger.
- 1st Place: Kellen (12yrs), Abby (10yrs), and Mika (7yrs)-‘Fishy Fun’
- 2nd Place: Raiden B.- ‘Christmas Heroes’
- 3rd Place: McKinley High School HOSA- ‘Splish-Splash HOSA’s Christmas Bash
- Judges’ Choice: Katelyn K.- ‘Aloha Under the Sea’
- Judges’ Choice: Kumu Sydney and First Grade Haumāna, Kamalani Academy- ‘He‘e Nalu’
- Theme Category
- 1st Place: Aja Wallace- ‘Splash of Joy Bubble Bath’
- 2nd Place: Liz Ng- ‘Feets of Joy’
- 3rd Place: John Kahalewale- ‘Splashes of Joy’
- Judges’ Choice: Mandy Fernandes-‘Holidays in the Daintree’
- Judges’ Choice: Sheri Mikami- ‘Xeric Holiday Wreath’
The 35th Annual Wreath Contest Display will be on view from 8am -10pm daily until December 31st in Lane Gallery on the first floor of Honolulu Hale.